Monday, February 9, 2015

Update + Rhinoplasty

I have been MIA in the blogging world for quite some time now. You know, living in the Philippines is great but one of my problems in here is the internet connection. I have tried all of the top providers but none of them satisfied my needs. I am not a heavy user; all that is important to me is to check my emails, social networks and of course blogging whenever I want to. Is that too much to ask?

There is PLDT MyDSL but aside from its price, the application process is also meticulous. But I will still try anyway.
Just a heads up, I am planning of undergoing a rhinoplasty procedure maybe before February ends or first or second week of March. I think this is the perfect time to do this because my new job will not start not until the 23rd of March so I have all the time in the world to recover from the surgery.

There is a surgical clinic that contacted me and they are interested to give me a free nosejob in Korea, including the flight and hotel accommodation but it’s quite risky for me and for god’s sake, I don’t have a VISA yet. Poor me! But still, the offer is very hard to let go.

Anyway, I will be undergoing a surgery here in the Philippines (details of the clinic soon). 

Just a little background, my nose is really big and has flat bridge but this time, I only want a subtle change. Mainly for enhancement purposes but not too noticeable, if you know what I mean.

Since my budget is limited, the procedure is only silastic. Meaning to say, the Doctor will put a silicon implant in my nose bridge to make it higher. 

My worry about silicone implant is there is a higher tendency of extrusion if not done properly and chance greater risk of infection. Still safe since it is the most popular way of rhinoplasty procedure around Asia but not too safe compared to Goretex and Cartilage implant. 

But good thing about silicone implant is that it is very easy to remove if ever you want to get rid of it. And in addition, I am going to be using an I-shaped silicone implant that works on the bridge ONLY but lesser chance of extrusion. L-shaped is the most used since it works both on the bridge and nose tip but the chance of extruding as years goes by is very high since as we grow old, our skin is going to be thinner and thinner.

I think this is only for temporary because I am only 23 and I need an immediate result, you know. I need that confidence while I am still young. And as I row older and save up money a bit, I might undergo another nosejob but this time, it is either goretex or cartilage or we don’t know, maybe Doctors can discover a new rhinoplasty procedure using stem cell in the next few years or so. 

That is it for today, I guess. Thank you for reading! Ciao. [image source]

No comments:

Post a Comment